Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Exciting....

So, I had to leave one of the old walls of the kitchen in for a while, because first I needed to find a beam that would carry the load without being way too big (we don't have 8' ceilings in this house, so some of the beams I explored were going to simply be too big to be practical for this application). My cousin pointed out a product called "LiteSteelBeam" which I looked into. Long story short, this product would work. The actual beam I ended up getting is over-sized for the load requirements (it was what was in stock at the regional Boise Cascade distribution center), so it's really not light, but it's not too bad.

This shows the two temporary walls needed to carry the load before removing the load bearing wall. (LiteSteelBeam in place on floor to left.)














And now the wall is gone (in the picture below).















This is a photo/view that matches with one of the pre-construction photo vantage points.














This one...

The beam, waiting for hangers, and to be set.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment